Networker

[Networker] scipted backup and restores using NMM for MSSQL databases

2010-05-26 11:47:31
Subject: [Networker] scipted backup and restores using NMM for MSSQL databases
From: Mark Leese <mark.r.leese AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:45:22 +0100
Hi All,

I have been tasked with finding out whether the NetWorker Module for
Microsoft Applications can be scripted for backups and restores. Does
anybody have any experience using the module in this way? I am specifically
interested in whether or not MSSQL backups can be scripted from the client
side as opposed to using the GUI and NetWorker Server.

NetWorker 7.6 and NMM 2.2.1 will be used at the customer site.

I have searched Powerlink and EMC and have been unable to find this
information.

Any comments are gratefully recieved.

Many thanks,

Mark