Networker

Re: [Networker] Sudden event: "Starting Session: state queued"

2010-05-13 16:08:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Sudden event: "Starting Session: state queued"
From: Daniel Arredondo <DArredon AT DART DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:56:08 -0500
interesting,  I have 7.4 sp 3 - with the same problem - I have over 100
clients,  and it seems to be ever other 4th day or so, have 2 or 3 clients that
stay in the queue
if you stop networker and  remove the tmp directory and start networker backup
it seems to work for  a week or so.  but the problem is there the same,

EMC has a bug - and will not admit to it...

On 05 13, 2010, at 3:41 PM, Matt Temple wrote:

> 7.4.4 / CentOS 5.3
>
> All of a sudden, after adding 4 new clients, whenever I start
> any group save, all of the sessions show as "Starting Session: state
> queued."
> But nothing ever starts.
>
> I don't see any evidence of a problem in the log files.   There is no
> waiting for tape message.   I can always stop/restart the server,
> but I wonder what's going on.
>
> Any ideas?

I see that happen sometimes, but only for one or two groups, not all of them
simultaneously. I suspect it has something to do with resource turning on your
NetWorker server. In my situation, restarting the NetWorker on the server makes
the problem go away for a while.