Networker

Re: [Networker] Netware client - "No such file or directory" errors on backup

2010-04-28 11:49:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netware client - "No such file or directory" errors on backup
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:46:23 -0500
> Nelson, Allan
>
> From the server, try issuing...
>
> savegrp -p -c client_3 -G the_group_name_you_use
>
> does that list the volumes you'd expect or does that also error out?

Well, actually we rebooted it and now it works...  :-\

Not an intentional reboot by any means, but after swapping clients back
and forth, loading and unloading modules, etc., I was asked to try it one
more time. When I did, *bang!* the Netware fileserver abended and
rebooted. Yikes! However, after coming up it now backs up. Of course, we
still have other things (most likely) to fix on that system in regard to
backups, but for now we're gonna leave it alone and hopefully get at least
some kind of backup tonight. We'll look at the other items tomorrow.

Thanks.