Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker and VTL DR Testing

2010-04-23 09:50:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker and VTL DR Testing
From: David Gold-news <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:45:57 -0400
Hi,

You'll need to delete and recreate the NetWorker changer since serial numbers will change, before step 3. Probably best to make a copy of /nsr/res before you do that, so it is easy to go back to the original VTL without having to recreate the autochanger again.

I'd probably make sure your persistent naming is configured so that the secondary VTL uses different tape devices names, so that it is easy to go back to the original configuration. That'll also keep you from having to delete the original tape drives in NetWorker, meaning you don't have to remove them from pools, delete them, add the new ones, and add them to the pools--just the last two steps.

--Dave