Networker

Re: [Networker] Bricklevel backup or not ?

2010-04-21 08:44:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bricklevel backup or not ?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:41:56 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
04/21/2010 05:19:48 AM:

> > Is this design (I mean is it impossible to restore just one or some
> msgs ? )
>
> YUP - NMEX isn't the best thing for single ITEM restores

When I used to do Exchange with BackupExec 3 years ago, the prevailing
wisdom was to use the Dumpster Retention for retreiving single items or
emails. And BE was for restoring the IS, and then extracting out the
mailobox you want. Although you could do a brick-level backup of the
individual mailboxes, if you want.