Networker

[Networker] Backing up Large File Systems

2010-04-08 15:08:25
Subject: [Networker] Backing up Large File Systems
From: "Stewart, Kathleen M" <STEWARTK2 AT EMAIL.CHOP DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:07:17 -0400
I have a research lab that has 10TB of data, that will eventually grow to about
60TB.  The bulk of the data stays the same, and the RTO is just the most recent
7 days of data.  Right now they are using TSM and running an infinite
incremental - but I don't think they are ever running the synthetic full.  I do
not have a number for their change rate per week.

The responsibility for the backups is moving to our group.  The data is a lot
of small text files, saved all over the file system in different directories by
different people.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get this data backed up?  We are
looking at Avamar, but we don't currently own it.  We would like to use our
existing Networker environment.

Thanks!

Kathy

Kathy Stewart
Backup Administrator
Research Information Systems
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Colket Translational Research Building (CTRB)
3501 Civic Center Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19104 - 4302
Voice - 267-426-9306
Cell - 267-235-9753