Networker

[Networker] How to skip a directory excluding a subdirectory?

2010-04-06 09:33:30
Subject: [Networker] How to skip a directory excluding a subdirectory?
From: Maaak <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:31:47 -0400
Preston de Guise wrote:
> On 03/04/2010, at 04:13 , MIchael Leone wrote:
> I'd strongly recommend NOT using skip in this way. That's what the null
> directive is for.
>
> If you skip directories on one backup and back them up on another, you get
> into terrible complications in facilitating full filesystem recovery, as skip
> influences what you see in the indices.
>
> Cheers,
> Preston.

So I should make following configuration:

first client resource:
save set: all
directive: << g:\ >> +null: *

second client resource:
save set: g:\backup

If I have understood correctly I have to use two client resources because there
is no possibility to make those skip exceptions or forget the "All" saveset
with the risk of unsaved data in future?

kind regards,
Marc