Networker

[Networker] Legato 7.4 on SunSolaris

2010-04-05 02:21:04
Subject: [Networker] Legato 7.4 on SunSolaris
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 02:20:26 -0400
You don't mention what version of Networker is running on your Solaris box.

The 7.1.3 version of Storage Node ran fine (for over a year) on a V440 running
Solaris 10 (8/07, patched to 5/08 approx).  However, it should be added that my
FC tape drives are direct-attach (working on moving one drive to shared/SAN)
and my adv_file FC disk array is Veritas/DMP controlled.  So YMMV, a lot...

We did not test 7.1.3 Server, since I had to retire the original box (E450) as
part of the software upgrade to 7.4.4, and the target server ran on Sol-10 only.

--TSK