Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.5.x or 7.6?

2010-04-01 09:06:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.5.x or 7.6?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:02:44 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
03/31/2010 08:33:48 PM:

> the 3 or so main Enhancements that v7.6 gives you are around the
> Virtualisation, NMC and Dedup integrations and how well Networker not
> only performs backups, but the ease of management and reporting in these
> areas....
>
> In saying that, I have always stuck with the -1 revision policy, i.e.
> always staying 1 revision/version behind the latest, i see no reason to
> be a guinea pig or intrepid Bug hunter.

That was the way I was looking at it. I needed 7.5.2 now, since I have
Win2008 R2 servers in production now, and needed it. I'm not doing VCB
backups (that may change in future). And we're not de-duping at all.

> V7.6.+1 should be out very very....very soon....

I may move to that, in the future. Want tpo give the new SP a bit of time
to shake out, tho.