Networker

Re: [Networker] Unable to start/login to NMC following RHEL update

2010-03-31 12:24:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unable to start/login to NMC following RHEL update
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:22:23 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Unable to start/login to NMC following RHEL...:

I used to run NMC on the server, but started having so many problems with
jobs not finishing, that I finally moved it off onto a separate client ...
and all my problems went away. Apparently, if you have more than about 40
clients (I have 90+), then running NMC on the server can cause many issues.
This was on 7.4.5, I believe.

For those of you that have moved NMC, did you preserve your history
information (i.e. move the NMC database(s))?  Any special tricks for doing
that?  Is the process well documented?

We have two NetWorker servers, a primary server that does the lion's share
of the backups and a second server that only backs up a few less important
clients and serves as a bit of a testbed for us.  Our NMC is installed on
the second server.

Thanks,

Tim
edu