Networker

[Networker] How to disable VSS messages

2010-03-30 12:11:02
Subject: [Networker] How to disable VSS messages
From: adamglass <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:08:46 -0400
Punit,

Thank you for the information.  The material I read did not say that.  Since we
do not use VSS, I think we are okay.  For example, we previously saw this line
of output...

saveset host1.nova.edu:D:\: percentage of inactive files by count: 96.36, by
space: 95.34

After making the change, we no longer see that output, but the D:\ saveset of
this client is being backed up...

V host1.nova.edu: D:\          level=incr,     10 MB 00:00:36    128 files

So eliminating the VSS saveset for D:\ is not the same as eliminating the
"regular" saveset for D:\ ... correct?

As mentioned in another post, Networker is still somewhat new to me.  Its
documentation can be challenging.

Thank you,

Adam Glass
System Administrator