Networker

[Networker] Directive to exclude a single directory

2010-03-30 12:03:36
Subject: [Networker] Directive to exclude a single directory
From: adamglass <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:01:16 -0400
Hello,

I am planning to implement the same directive, but have read about two items
that may cause problems.  Hopefully someone here knows the answer:

1. Directives in .nsr files cannot be used when the saveset is "all" .  If .nsr
files are to be used, it is necessary to specify individual savesets instead of
"all"

2. Directives in .nsr files override the Unix Standard Directives.  If .nsr
files are to be used, it is necessary to cut-and-paste the Unix Standard
Directives into an .nsr file

Are the above statements true for Networker 7.5 and 7.6?  If so, how can I find
the Unix Standard Directives?

This world of Networker is still a strange new place for me, so help is
appreciated.

Thank you,

Adam Glass
Nova Southeastern University