Networker

[Networker] Anyone seen this one before?

2010-03-24 11:50:44
Subject: [Networker] Anyone seen this one before?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:47:51 -0400
Had a weird problem last week wherein I go to run a backup on the primary server, and it complains that it can't back itself up because its NSR client resource doesn't have a client id!!!!! Sheesh!

I check in nmc, and sure enough, the client id field is grayed out. I can't type anything in there or see anything. I don't think NW will let you change it for any client, but I should be able to at least see what's there. I had seen this one other time, but operations still ran OK. So, I check using nsradmin, and it shows it. I then run an mminfo query, and it shows it, too. I deleted the other client resource (2 of 2) that handles the nmc backups (saveset=NMCASA:/gst_on_servername/lgto_gst), but same problem. I thought maybe that might be causing the mischief? Finally, I shut down and restarted the server, and then it came back and everything worked. Hmm ...

Running 7.5.1 on RH Linux. Guess I need to re-add that resource for nmc back again? Just makes me nervous that that somehow is the secret culprit?

George

--
George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210