Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?

2010-03-19 20:17:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 00:15:02 +0000
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 05:37:56PM -0500, Tim Mooney wrote:
> Your point about a volume being "full" no matter what % of the default
> capacity was used is also salient.  I have this vague recollection that
> there used to be an easy way to detect tapes that had bad spots on the
> media (and therefore became full prematurely) using either the old green
> GUI or some other obvious method, but perhaps not.

In the past, I've just used an 'mminfo' report with the 'written' figure
for all 'full' volumes.  Really short volumes stood out pretty quickly.
I might throw 'near' in there just to limit to the units that are
still in the library.

mminfo -q 'full,near' -r 'volume,written'

I'm sure you could ask it to show volumes that are actually short rather
than just eyeballing it...  :-)

mminfo -q 'full,near,written<750000000' -r 'volume,written'

--
Darren