Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?

2010-03-19 17:18:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:17:15 +0000
Tim Mooney wrote:
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Volume capacity?, George Sinclair said (at...:

- click the "Configuration" tab.  "Volume default capacity" is on
  that tab.

Nope. Don't see it. Not in 7.5.1. These are the fields that I see under the Configuration tab:

Try "View->Diagnostic Mode" and then bring the tab up again.

I keep forgetting: with NMC and NA, it remembers what you you had set
for "Diagnostic Mode" in your previous setting, and I always leave mine
"on".  The old nwadmin command required you to enable it every time you
ran it.

Eureka! That was it.

One thing I notice, though, is that that while the 'Volume default capacity' field is blank (null) for all the devices, if I check the Volume tab, I see that the field: 'Volume current capacity' is set to 800 GB for each volume. There's an LTO-4 tape in every drive.

Seems then that it's picking this up automatically? Is there any need for me to set the 'Volume default capacity'?

Thanks to all.

George

Tim

--