Networker

[Networker] question on nwora.res

2010-03-19 10:58:13
Subject: [Networker] question on nwora.res
From: Bernd Gotschy <bernd.gotschy AT INFORSACOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:55:24 -0400
Hallo,

I installed and configured nmda on a Win2k3 32 bit server with oracle
11.1.0.6.0.
I can backup the DB if I configure a lockbox or pass the oracle connect in
the rman script.
I cannot backup the DB if I just configure the ConnectFilePath in nwora.res.
My understanding of the documentation is that I can use connect in lockbox
or rman script or nwora.res.
In my environment the connect string is not passed to oracle if I just
the ConnectFilePath in nwora.res. Error is: not connected to target
database.

Anyone working with just nwora.res.

regards
Bernd