Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker + Data Domain Replication = DR Solution ??

2010-03-18 02:41:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker + Data Domain Replication = DR Solution ??
From: Craig Faller <craigf AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:39:15 +1100
DR Failover licenses have alwayd been available for networker, you just
need to request the "DR failover" auth codes from EMC Licensing, just
need to supply the DR NSR server name and hostid.

Given that it is the DR site, you could always just have it running in a
warm state...i.e. DR name, IP etc....have the fully /nsr directory
copied across every so often, daily or weekly...  Then in true DR style,
when prod is lost/down, change the DR nsr servers name, IP address
etc...move the latest copied "prod nsr" into the correct place and start
up networker...

Devices etc will need work, but the client and media indexes will all be
available.

Not perfect, and there are other issues to be dealt with also,  but then
for replication for DR purposes as per what your mentioning i would be
looking at avamar instead.