Networker

Re: [Networker] how to get empty space on tape?

2010-03-16 14:29:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to get empty space on tape?
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:18:39 -0500
http://pastebin.org/114774

<http://pastebin.org/114774>Here is the script we use...

On line 12 you'd want to update the pool's to the appropriate pools... if
only one pool simply remove one of the "pool="'s.

Line 42 is the target size you're looking for, in our case tapes with less
then 20G of space used...

Line 50 is a failsafe to make sure I'm not moving around a save set that has
a total size over 200g... (which would be wasting more space)...

Let me know if the script is useful...

We basically run this script every Friday (and an NDMP version of this) to
help re-organize our tapes and reclaim back some space.  Remember tapes may
not be usable until you run an nsrim...

Alec