Networker

Re: [Networker] Waiting for an already mounted volume

2010-03-11 16:44:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Waiting for an already mounted volume
From: "Nelson, Allan" <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:42:58 +0000
Hi Louis
I'm running a very similar setup to you...
Networker 7.4.2 on Solaris 10
DataDomain  690 restorer connected directly to the backup server via 3 x 1Gb
connections with another 1Gb connection to the WAN for replication off-site.
DD adv_file device is NFS mounted.
We've been running this for almost a year now and I haven't seen any problems
with the adv_file device unmounting itself.

The mount command we use takes the form...
mount –F nfs –o intr,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,proto=tcp,vers=3
<ddrhostname>:/backup <mount-point>
and we've done all the recommended tcp/nfs tweaks (let me know if you need a
list of those).

The one difference I can see from your post is that we don't have Auto Media
Management enabled on the adv_file device.  I can't find anything to back this
statement up, but I'm sure I saw something in the dim and distant past about
not enabling that. You could try turning that off and see if it helped?  Is
there a particular reason you have that turned on?

Hope this helps...
Allan.