Networker

[Networker] nsrck -L7 error - help?

2010-03-09 23:21:34
Subject: [Networker] nsrck -L7 error - help?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:21:08 -0500
I get the following error when trying to recover a client file index:

# nsrck -L7 -t nsavetime_value client
nsrck: checking index for 'client'
9343:nsrck: The file index for client 'client'
will be recovered.9348:nsrck: The index recovery for 'client' failed.39078:nsrck: File index error: can't find index backups for 'client' on server 'server2'

This index was backed up on server1 at the given nsavetime value, and I ran mmrecov, so I have the old media database information from server1, including the entries for the required tapes (last full and most recent level 9). That tapes are also inventoried, and available to server2, but they are listed (mminfo) for client 'server1'. How can I recover these?

I am able to use 'scanner -i' and rebuild the client file index entries for any given save set. That works, but I need the whole index, not just what was backed up on a given day.

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair