Networker

Re: [Networker] FYI NetWorker 7.5.2 is out

2010-03-04 12:07:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] FYI NetWorker 7.5.2 is out
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 11:04:56 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] FYI NetWorker 7.5.2 is out, Wollef said (at...:

I had to utilize 7.5.2 client immediately to support a Windows 2008 R1
after Service Pack 2 got applied.  I'm backing up to a Networker Server
version 7.4.5 successfully but now have to upgrade the server quickly to
make sure I'm in a supported setup.

Don't be too certain about that.  EMC has never been very clear about
when it is or is not supported to have a client version > server version,
so most of us generally prefer to run with client version <= server
version.

However, when we were having trouble with some 7.4.5 clients against
our 7.4.5 server, EMC had us upgrade just the clients to the 7.5.1 client.
When I asked about whether that was a supported configuration, support
indicated it was.  I have it "in writing".  ;-)

I think you'll definitely want to plan for upgrading your server to 7.5.2,
but you may not have to do it "quickly".

Tim
edu