Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP recover usability - any clever solutions out there?

2010-03-03 13:11:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP recover usability - any clever solutions out there?
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:08:42 -0600
Two notes...  I put a CGI up to search indexes and it returns the
right command to recover the data to the appropriate place and a
provides a link that produces a 'web recovery'.

One thing that we've done on the NAS side is to implement snapshots
and allow for self help on NAS restores....  This should cover about
90% of requests, and the Desktop Support team can do these recoveries
by themselves as well.  On an EMC celerra you can get to SNAPS via
Windows Explorer or hidden dir.

Alec

On 3/3/10, STANLEY R. HORWITZ <stan AT temple DOT edu> wrote:
> On 03 3, 2010, at 10:00 AM, soupdragon wrote:
>
>> Good idea Stan - unfortunately the requests our operations team receive
>> for data restore are often quite vague and require them to browse the
>> indexes using nwrecover to identify the exact files. I understand that the
>> recover '-d' option can force the destinantion path but no such facility
>> appears to exist for the nwrecover GUI.
>
> Your operator can still use standard methods to identify what to recover,
> then once the operator knows the path, plug it into a script to do the
> actual recover.

> type
> this
> list. You can access the archives at