Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Rotation Basics--advice needed

2010-02-25 03:08:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Rotation Basics--advice needed
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 02:07:03 -0600
Jeremy,
  This is similar to my environment...  I have shared scripts before and I
can send you some but our basic plan is this...

  We backup everything to the VTL...

  On Mondays I have a script that starts cloning from our main backup pool
everything that backed up starting between Saturday morning and Sunday
night...  This goes to a clone set, getting the script to pick up the right
backup sets and get the parallelism high was not the easiest.

  As a further plan on the 15th-17th of the month I have a script that
pushes anything left on the VTL older then 4 weeks old off to our longer
retention "Monthly" pool.

Hope that helps...

Alec

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:05 PM, jeremyt <networker-forum AT backupcentral DOT
com