Networker

Re: [Networker] Need help with scanner

2010-02-24 03:03:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Need help with scanner
From: Freddy Enslin <fenslin AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:02:46 +0200
Hi,

1) create a client resource for the client on the NW 7.5 server, otherwise
it won't restore the index
2) scanner -i -S ssid device_path (-i instead of -m will restore the media
database and the cfi entries for the client. -m only restores the media
database entries for the client)
3) on a Windows client you can run the recover command the same as UNIX or
you can use the Networker User interface(GUI) to do the saveset and
browsable recoveries

Answers:
1) Yes with just that one save set
2) I believe it reads through all the data on the tape to find the specified
SSID. I stand to be corrected!
3) Use scanner -i instead of scanner -m as specified above.

Regards,

Freddy Enslin
Demand Data
Email Business: freddye AT demanddata.co DOT za