Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux vs Windows

2010-02-17 04:23:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux vs Windows
From: Punitsingh Suryawanshi <punit.suryawanshi AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:50:48 +0530
Lunix / Unix-
You can easily and conveniently script / automate Networker in Unix / Linux.
Managing backup hardware is relatively easy in Linux, Windows might require
reboot most of the times.

It is always a debate but we I have seen Networker giving less trouble on
Linux / Unix.

Windows - Yes, easy to manage + if you have expertise over Windows and are
going to manage this server for long, you have an advantage.

-Punit

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Freddy Enslin <freddye AT demanddata.co DOT
za>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Was hoping somebody could shed some light. I have a client who wants to
> move his Networker 7.5.1 server from a Linux platform to a Windows
> platform and he is asking me to tell him what the benefits are.
>
> He is currently running on Red Hat x86 (I assume RHEL 4) and wants to
> move to Win 2008 R2 x64 and Networker 7.6. I have always run Networker
> server on a Windows platform so I cannot really comment on the benefits
> going from Linux to Windows.
>

> Any comments would be appreciated
>

> Freddy Enslin

> type