Networker

[Networker] Save set on stage tape recyclable but clone is not

2010-02-16 06:37:59
Subject: [Networker] Save set on stage tape recyclable but clone is not
From: tammclaughlin <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 06:35:18 -0500
I am having trouble understanding why one save set is recyclable and it's clone
is not.

I have a browse and retention policy of 2 months with a backup period of 1
week.
However, the backup policy does a full on the first friday of the month, level
5s on the next 3 fridays with incr on all other days (so I should change the
backup period to 1 month).

My backups are going to disk: adv_file and are automatically cloned to tape
with a retention period of months.

I also have a staging policy for my adv_file volumes which will stage the
oldest save sets to a different tape volume with a max storage period of 60
days.

The problem is that when I look at a particular save set, the save set on the
staging tape is recyclable while the save set on the cloned tape is still
"browsable with clones" when viewing the save sets under the GUI.

Yet, when I run an mminfo command as follows:

mminfo -avot -q ssid=1109577479 -r
ssbrowse,ssretent,sumflags,ssflags,client,ssid,cloneid,pool,savetime

I get:

browse   retent  fl ssflags client    ssid          clone id pool
date
 11/02/10 11/02/10 cb vF    ukalign07  1109577479  1265916610 2 month stage
11/12/09
 11/02/10 11/02/10 cb vF    ukalign07  1109577479  1260573848 2 month clone
11/12/09

I would have expected to see different flags and retention periods but cannot
see anything different about the save sets.

Any ideas how I find out why the 2 month stage is recyclable in the gui and the
2 month clone is not?