Networker

[Networker] New library and media - what to do about old tapes?

2010-02-11 09:59:23
Subject: [Networker] New library and media - what to do about old tapes?
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 09:56:26 -0500
I'm standing up a replacement server and library, same OS, RHEL4, and same
version of networker v7.4.3.  I have LTO-2 media that I need to retain until
the savesets expire.  My new LTO-4 media have a different label scheme, so I'm
wondering how to configure the tape pool for the old media to make it available
for recoveries.  I haven't loaded the media database from tape, yet.  I was
hoping to use the same pool name for my new setup and change the name of the
old pool media.

Old pool/label
Production/PRD.###

New pools/labels
Production/P#####
Old Production/PRD.###

Has anyone done this?  What is the best method?

Patti Clark - RHCT, GSEC
Sr. Linux/UNIX System Administrator
Office of Scientific and Technical Information