Networker

Re: [Networker] Slow NDMP Backups

2010-02-08 19:14:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Slow NDMP Backups
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:12:22 -0600
> I'm running a level 1 backup on just one Qtree and tape drive is writing at
> 11MB/s on LTO3 tape drive. Does that sound OK?

What else is your filer doing at the time of the backup?  What's in
its /etc/messages during the time of the backup?  Do you have enough
spindles to service the workload? How fragmented is the volume (have
you analyzed or ran re-allocation?)  do you have plenty of free space
at the aggr level?  Do you have performance advisor to monitor the
filer while performing the backup?