Networker

Re: [Networker] Size of backup

2010-02-08 13:06:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Size of backup
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 12:03:23 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Size of backup, pinkerton said (at 2:06am on Feb...:

This may be a newbie question, and it may be answered earlier, but I
couldnt find it.
 How can I find the size of earlier backupjobs? Not the
latest, but the jobs prior to this?

You're always more likely to get help if you provide details about your
environment (like what version of NetWorker you're using, what OS the
server is running).  It's also often the case that people are more willing
to help if you  make it clear where you looked for answers first (like
the mailing list archives, or the PDF documentation for the product).

To find the size of a backup job, I would use the mminfo command.  If you
want size information on the savesets that were done for a client named
"loki", you could do something like

        mminfo -ot -q 'client=loki' -r
'ssid,name,savetime(19),level,totalsize(24)'

If you're only interested in information on the "d:" volume, you would
do something like

        mminfo -ot -q 'client=loki,name=D:\' -r
'ssid,name,savetime(19),level,totalsize(24)'

This gives you all the savesets, ordered by time, but you can restrict
the date range too:

        mminfo -ot -q 'client=loki,name=D:\,savetime<02/06/10' -r
'ssid,name,savetime(19),level,totalsize(24)'

To get the number of files that were backed up, add "nfiles" to the list
of things to report.

Tim
edu