Networker

[Networker] Mayastor VTL software for Linux

2010-02-04 23:29:38
Subject: [Networker] Mayastor VTL software for Linux
From: ddhyett <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 22:51:33 -0500
Has anyone used the Mayastor VTL software for Linux? Sounds like just what I
can use as the costs and implementation of EMC DiskBackup devices is a little
undesireable and I like the idea of nice small volumes the same size as tape. I
also need a supported product to convince people we should use it. Cost may be
an issue as well.

I'm running Networker 7.3.4 on RHEL 4.6 now, but am upgrading very shortly to
7.5.x or 7.6.x on RHEL 5.4.

Any other linux based VTL software out there that is supported and not too
expensive?

Thanks in advance! Denny Hyett