Networker

Re: [Networker] How do I verify files where backed up?

2010-02-04 16:27:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] How do I verify files where backed up?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 15:25:05 -0600
> Tom Birkenbach
>
> How do I go about verifying that my files were backed up?
>
> NetWorker is v7.3.4 on Solaris 8 for my production unit and 7.6 on
Solaris
> 10 on my test unit.  Outcome is the same on both.  System being backed
up is
> AIX 5.  Client installed is v7.6.
>
> I'm relatively new to Unix and I'm sure all the pieces are there to do a

> fine comparison report (if that what it takes to prove/disprove the
missing
> files), but for this task I'm having troubles finding the right pieces
and
> putting them together.  Any input or suggestion would be greatly
> appreciated.

There may be a builtin report, but nsrinfo will give you a listing of
files :

# mminfo -ar 'nsavetime' -q 'client=client_name' -t '24 hours ago'
 1265252205
# nsrinfo -t 1265252205 client_name
scanning client `client_name' for savetime 1265252205(Wed Feb 03 20:56:45
2010) from the backup namespace
/var/adm/utmpx
/var/adm/wtmpx
/var/adm/messages
/var/adm/lastlog
/var/adm/messages.0
/var/adm/messages.1
/var/adm/messages.2
/var/adm/messages.3

...etc.

Not flashy, but does show what backed up. I wrote a wrapper script around
it that makes it a bit easier to use (when I rarely need to use it).