Networker

Re: [Networker] inquire shows //./Tape instead of //./Tape#

2010-02-01 10:58:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] inquire shows //./Tape instead of //./Tape#
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:55:51 -0500
The EMC solution with the key of ibmtp2k3 pre-dates the Microsoft solution. At
one point, there was no solution. Then IBM added it to their tape driver, then
Microsoft generalized it and added it to all tape drivers. If you are using the
IBM tape driver you can use the older solution, but I'd recommend using the
windows solution since it will always work.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139