Networker

Re: [Networker] inquire shows //./Tape instead of //./Tape#

2010-01-29 14:23:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] inquire shows //./Tape instead of //./Tape#
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:20:20 -0500
I believe it is dependent on Windows 2003 with SP2 or a specific hotfix. I
believe it's pretty solid after those patches. Yes, you will need to remove and
re-add the devices. Given that Windows will reorder devices if you don't make
the change, I would strongly recommend it. Even if you have an enviromnent
where it always maps it correctly, the first time a tape device dies, the one's
on the list after it will be reordered and everythin will break. If you use the
persistent name, then it will work no matter what.

----
Matthew Huff       | One Manhattanville Rd
OTA Management LLC | Purchase, NY 10577
http://www.ox.com  | Phone: 914-460-4039
aim: matthewbhuff  | Fax:   914-460-4139