Networker

[Networker] ASR Recovery of a windows 2003 host

2010-01-26 10:04:31
Subject: [Networker] ASR Recovery of a windows 2003 host
From: alcsmith <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:01:27 -0500
Hello fellow Gurus,

   I am stuck with a problem but I am not sure if my end result is correct or
not.

I have a windows 2003 server that is a ESX 3.5 guest that I am attempting to do
an ASR recovery on. So I can document my bare metal recovery procedure of an
ESX guest.

I get to the point where it asks me what I want to recover and I select
continue and I get the following:

Recovery of D: saveset failed (128)

Recovery of C: saveset failed (128)

It looks like a network communication issue, but I can't tell if it's because
it's looking for a specific interface. Is there some way to debug the ASR to
tell me where the problem is? My belief is that the driver for the VMware
interface is not loading and it's preventing network communication back to the
NSR server.

>From what the ASR documentation is telling me is that it should be a no
>brainer and activate the hardware and do the restore. So I guess my question
>is why is Networker having a problem?

Support is just telling me it's not supported but I think it should be if the
ASR process is loading all the correct drivers.

Thanks,

-Al