Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file - bucket of disk or sized partitions

2010-01-14 07:32:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file - bucket of disk or sized partitions
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 07:29:43 -0500
Our take on this came from a different direction, we wnated to use SAN
attached disk for ADFS and the reccomendation form EMC was to use RAID 3
disk groups this gave us 3 disk groups of ~3TB, they also recommend that
each disk group doesn't have more than 5-6 savestreams at a time so we set
the target sessions to 6. All the groups for ADFS backups can write to any
of 3 disks groups. Not much staging is happenning yet as this was designed
for some anticipated large increases in backups.

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:45:14 -0500, Tom Birkenbach
<tom.birkenbach AT WMICH DOT EDU> wrote:

>In an effort to control disk space usage and automating staging in using
>adv_file devices (or AFTD), I've been using/testing a practice where I
setup
>a "disk partition" (specifically a Solaris ZFS file system)for each group
>and estimate about 2.5 weeks worth of storage in sizing the partition.
It's