Networker

[Networker] Networker Server - W2k server upgrade to W2k3

2010-01-11 10:05:06
Subject: [Networker] Networker Server - W2k server upgrade to W2k3
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:04:51 -0600
Has anyone upgraded their Windows 2000 backup server to Win2003?

In my case, we have Networker installed on a separate data drive (D:\),
so in theory, we could keep the D: drive intact, wipe the C: drive, and
install win2003.   We could then simply do an install of Networker,
pointing it to the same install location on the d: drive.

Aside from dealing with a new hostid, will this work?   Or am I stuck
with doing a disaster recovery, and then recovering over 200 indexes?

Any information would be appreciated!   This is all necessary for the
7.5 Networker installation.  Networker no longer supports Win2000 on the
backup server.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk