Networker

Re: [Networker] NW server gets unresponsive when processing jobs

2009-12-18 07:42:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW server gets unresponsive when processing jobs
From: Alexander Kaasjager <A.Kaasjager AT DATAMAN DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:37:48 +0100
Hi Micheal,

Did you check the Windows PerfMon for performance issues, heavy paging or
memory problems.
Any processes with high mem deltas? I'm suspecting OS performance here.

>From your answer to Yaron's question:

>> Where are the AFTD located ?
>  Presented from the SAN to the clients via fiber.

Do you share (CIFS) the AFTD so Storage Nodes (either full or dedicated) can
write
directly to the AFDT?
It sounds very much like it, and if you have a lot of clients streaming
concurrently,
while at possibly the same time you're pushing as much bits as you can towards
the
LTO-4 drives (they need roughly 100MB/s). I'm just wondering if your server is
just way
too busy handling the load to do other things...

Thanks in advance, best regards,
Alexander