Networker

[Networker] DR enabled backup of Windows Server 2008

2009-12-15 05:31:31
Subject: [Networker] DR enabled backup of Windows Server 2008
From: Joey Admin <joey.admin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 05:29:27 -0500
Hi folks,

I'm working on this issue with Server 2008, that it's not possible to do DR
restore with NetWorker alone. EMC is now recommending to use the Windows
Server Backup utility to create an image of drive C: to be used in DR
purposes.

How are you solving this? Are you using the savepnpc method described in
the NetWorker procedure generator? I find it almost unusable because it
will create an image of the entire drive C:

Does anyone here know if it's enough to only have the systemstate backup?
It can be created with this command:

wbadmin start systemstatebackup -backuptarget:<path>

I would be very interested in knowing how other organizations are solving
this and how it's working.

Joey