Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker Support for Win Server 2008 R2 clients

2009-12-14 17:42:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker Support for Win Server 2008 R2 clients
From: Michael Jones <Jones_Michael2 AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:38:13 -0500
EMC NetWorker will add NetWorker support for Windows 7 and Windows
Server 2008 R2 in the NetWorker 7.5SP2 release planned for March 2010.
Support for NetWorker Server and Storage Node on Windows Server 2008 R2
is planned at or shortly after the NW75SP2 release. Support for
NetWorker application modules running on Windows Server 2008 R2 are
planned at or shortly after the NW75SP2 release.

Early access code will be available in early Q1 2010, contact your local
EMC contact if you have interest.

FYI, Symantec released this month client only support in NBU 6.5.5, with
limitations. Full Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 support will not
be coming until NetBackup 7.0 in the 1H 2010. Similar situation for
Backup Exec.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/333092.htm