Networker

[Networker] NetWorker Support for Win Server 2008 R2 clients

2009-12-14 08:11:46
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker Support for Win Server 2008 R2 clients
From: Wallace <joe.n.wallace AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:10:29 -0500
Hi.

EMC says they won't support NetWorker to backup Win server 2008 R2 clients
the next 6 months. TSM and Symantec already have support for this client
platform.

I just have to say, that I have never experienced such a frustrating
attitude from a software vendor. The fact that EMC think they can announce
without regret it seems, that they won't support a new client OS for such a
long time, is embarrasing. This puts my organization into the position to
have to reconsider using this backup product or move one to something else.

May I suggest that everyone here contact EMC support and do a Request For
Enhancement. It's clear that they don't experience enough pressure on this
issue to react properly.

Wallace