Networker

[Networker] 64bit Win Client fails with VSS errors...

2009-12-08 08:28:20
Subject: [Networker] 64bit Win Client fails with VSS errors...
From: psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:26:27 -0500
All,

I also had to specify VSS*=off for 64 bit Win 2003 clients. However, EMC said
that the backup performace would be better with VSS.

I am planning to enable VSS on the cleint machines and per the admin guide, it
looks like 64 bit win servers needs a roll out patch for VSS.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349

Has anyone applied this ? Did it work ?

What are the size and configuration requirements for the shadow storage volumes
in MSCS ?
Will Networker automatically delete the shadow copies after each backup ?