Networker

Re: [Networker] Need help with migration test

2009-12-02 15:41:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Need help with migration test
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:39:50 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
12/02/2009 03:13:53 PM:

> Obviously, we could run scanner or saveset recover, but if we want to
> merge in older entries, we'll need to use 'nsrck -L7'.

I had a similar situation. But I ended up not merging in older entries.
When I run scanner on tapes made from the server before Aug 2008 (when I
mistakenly rebuilt it, and didn't have the same client id), I get entries
for the client name with a tilde. So I end up with a client of "nt_san1",
and the older stuff is "~nt_san1". When I need to do a recover, I recover
from "~nt_san1" and redirect to "nt_san1".

It works. I then use up a client license, I believe, but I had one to
spare.