Networker

[Networker] Problem with Windows 2008 R2

2009-12-01 23:15:12
Subject: [Networker] Problem with Windows 2008 R2
From: tremblyj <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:20:48 -0500
Hi,

I just got off the phone with our support contractor.  They just got off the
phone with EMC.  They were told support for Windows 2008 R2 is not official
until the release of v7.5.2 which won't be until at least Q2 of 2010.

Also v7.6 does not support Windows 2008 R2.  It also needs the patch for the
issue with the System Reserved Partition not being assigned a drive letter when
Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7 is installed.  EMC would not say when that patch
is coming out though...

As a result, we will install Windows 2003 R2 SP2 - 64 bit and Networker v7.5.1
- x64 on our new backup server.