Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now available on PowerLink

2009-11-24 03:37:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now available on PowerLink
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:35:24 +0200
MIchael Leone wrote:
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on 11/20/2009 04:50:01 PM:

In regard to: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now
available...:
If you're wanting to see the enhancements to monitoring while
downloading the packages and documentation for testing, you can find a
brief overview here: http://bit.ly/8G894R
I agree with you blog assessment -- this is a great reason to upgrade to
NMC 3.6, even if you wait on the actual NetWorker upgrade.

Wait - so I can have clients at a higher revision level than the backup server? I thought no clients could be at a higher revision level than the server they backed up to ...

Just for the recored, my server/NMC is 7.4.5 and this is the client version breakdown:

  71 7.3.4.Build.558
  65 7.4.3.Build.569
  49 7.2.2.Build.422
  33 7.3.3.Build.510
  19 7.5.1.Build.269
  16 7.4.4.Build.634
  15 nwnc_7_2
   6 6.1.1.Build.238
   5 7.1.4.Build.577
   5 6.1.3.Build.428
   4 7.1.3.Build.404
   3 7.2.1.Build.314
   2 nwnc_7_2.1.Build.305
   2 7.3.2.Build.364
   1 7.4.5.Build.733
   1 7.2.Build.494
   1 6.1.4.Build.562

Have you, by chance, tested NMC from 7.6 with Networker 7.5.x and 7.4.x?
Any oddities that you noticed?

I can install the latest NMC on my monitoring workstation, and not have to upgrade my server or storage nodes just yet? Really? I would not have thought that to be possible ...

-- Yaron.