Networker

[Networker] Retension Policy Problem

2009-11-24 01:29:48
Subject: [Networker] Retension Policy Problem
From: Grustni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:29:16 -0500
Thanks for your replies guys.
I have solved this problem a while ago, and I didn't receive any notification
emails about your replies until now...weird, but never-mind that.

So, the reason why retention policy did not work - was because I didn't assign
it to the client. I assumed that if retention policy is assigned to a pool, it
will overwrite anything that a client may have. However, it is the other way
around. Client retention policy overwrites pool.

Also, Frank Swasey - you are quite right. I had to delete previous save sets,
because they will not pick up new retention policy. You have to run everything
from scratch.

Regards