Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now available on PowerLink

2009-11-23 16:19:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now available on PowerLink
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:15:19 +1100
Isn't this something that's more a function of local operating system or
browser conventions? This is usually the first thing I turn off in the various
browsers that I use, so hence my downloads look like this:

preston@aralathan ~/Desktop/DNB/7.6
$ file *
nw76_linux_x86.tar.gz:     gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Sun
Nov  8 21:56:29 2009
nw76_linux_x86_64.tar.gz:  gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Sun
Nov  8 21:56:49 2009
nw76_macosx.tar.gz:        gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Sun
Nov  8 22:00:31 2009
nw76_solaris_64.tar.gz:    gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Sun
Nov  8 21:58:10 2009
nw76_solaris_amd64.tar.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Sun
Nov  8 21:59:26 2009
nw76_solaris_x86.tar.gz:   gzip compressed data, from Unix, last modified: Sun
Nov  8 21:57:58 2009
nw76_win_x64.zip:          Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract
nw76_win_x86.zip:          Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract

Typically the only time I've downloaded an "uncompressed" file from PowerLink
is when the browser has fiddled with it once it finished arriving...

Cheers,

Preston.

On 24/11/2009, at 05:29 , Roberta Gold wrote:

> My experience has been that the ".gz" files downloaded from Powerlink where
> never - ever gzip'd files ... (another thing that amazes me!!!)
>

>> In regard to: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now...:
>>
>>> That's further than I was able to get. I wanted to check out the new
>>> NMC, but I could not even uncompress any of the .gz files I downloaded
>>> this morning for Linux NW 7.6 X86_64, or X86, or even 7.5 X86_64 ... All
>>> the download files seem to be corrupted...  I opened a case and they
>>> called saying they are attempting to reproduce the problem..
>>
>> I have a guess on that.  Instead of trying to uncompress them, just
>> un-tar them.  I've run into this a few times with downloads from
>> Powerlink.  Even though the file names end with .gz, I've had many cases
>> where they're not actually compressed.
>>
>> Tim
>> --
>> Tim Mooney                                             Tim.Mooney AT ndsu
>> DOT edu
>> Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure                  701-231-1076 (Voice)
>> Room 242-J6, IACC Building                             701-231-8541 (Fax)
>> North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105-5164
>>
>> To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>> type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to
>> networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with
>> this list. You can access the archives at
>> http://*listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
>> via RSS at http://*listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER
>

> --
> Roberta Gold
> Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
> Integrated Computing and Communications
> HPSD - Security Technologies Group
> gold11 AT llnl DOT gov
> (925) 422-0167

> this list. You can access the archives at

Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com