Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now available on PowerLink

2009-11-23 13:33:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now available on PowerLink
From: Roberta Gold <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:29:22 -0800
My experience has been that the ".gz" files downloaded from Powerlink where never - ever gzip'd files ... (another thing that amazes me!!!)

In regard to: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 Binaries/Installers now...:

That's further than I was able to get. I wanted to check out the new
NMC, but I could not even uncompress any of the .gz files I downloaded
this morning for Linux NW 7.6 X86_64, or X86, or even 7.5 X86_64 ... All
the download files seem to be corrupted...  I opened a case and they
called saying they are attempting to reproduce the problem..

I have a guess on that.  Instead of trying to uncompress them, just
un-tar them.  I've run into this a few times with downloads from
Powerlink.  Even though the file names end with .gz, I've had many cases
where they're not actually compressed.

Tim
edu

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://*listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
via RSS at http://*listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER

--
Roberta Gold
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory