Networker

Re: [Networker] How to configure library using nmc?

2009-11-19 13:29:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to configure library using nmc?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:28:06 -0500
Francis Swasey wrote:
On 11/18/09 7:28 PM, George Sinclair wrote:

For example, under the Create Media Pool window, how the heck do I get help on, say, 'Max parallelism'? Of course, I can reasonably gather what they mean by this, but I can't find it anywhere in the Help. Why the heck don't they allow you to get help on the window itself like nwadmin did? I try searching on it, and all I find is parallelism for groups.

In the NMC with 7.4.5.2, if I open up the "Create Media Pool window", select the Configuration tab, and click on the "Field Help" button on the bottom of the window -- the first item describes Max parallelism:

Limits the number of parallel sessions per device allowed when saving to this pool.

Perhaps that has changed in 7.5?

No. I stand corrected. You're right. The Help '?' button is right on the bottom of the window. I completely missed it. It seemed so intuitive that they would have such a function, and sure enough ...

Thanks! I might have continued to look for that pencil over my ear for another day.

George

--
George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210