Networker

Re: [Networker] How to configure library using nmc?

2009-11-18 15:03:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to configure library using nmc?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:03:20 -0500
On 11/18/09 2:26 PM, George Sinclair wrote:
I just installed NMC on a new primary backup test server (RH Linux running NW 7.5 SP1). We have a single storage node (NW 7.5 SP1) with one tape library. There is no tape library on the primary server. This is all a new set up, so no backups have been run yet.

Never used NMC before. I can bring it up, and I can access the NetWorker Administation window, but I don't see the storage node server listed, just the primary server. The storage node software *is* running on the snode server.

How can I configure the library? Do I have to have this silly nmc package running on the snode in order for it to see that library?

I miss nwadmin ... sigh ...

No -- you don't need NMC running on the snode to see it or its devices...

Does networker itself (nsradmin) see the storage node as a storage node? Or have you just installed the storage node package and not defined it to networker as a storage node yet?

Next, define the tape library. I'm still using nw 7.4 -- so, I'd run jbconfig on the storage node and then it should all appear in NMC. you may be safe once NMC sees the storage node to just have it scan for new devices on the storage node -- and it may find the library for you.