Networker

Re: [Networker] New LTO4 library doesn't recognize tapes in drive ..

2009-11-12 09:29:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] New LTO4 library doesn't recognize tapes in drive ..
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:27:40 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
11/12/2009 09:13:37 AM:

> Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT forem DOT be> wrote on 11/12/2009
> 09:09:33 AM:
>
> > Looks a known issue : mapping SW naming vs hardware location
> > Physical tape 0 of the lib is not \\.\Tape0 and so on.
>
> I did verify that, and they are the same.

They are *not* the same; I was wrong. What INQUIRE is showing as drive
Tape0, the library is showing as drive #5.

So you are correct. My apologies for mis-reading it at first.

> > So, when loading a tape in physical drive X, legato config
> > does not match correct \\.\TapeX naming.
> >
> > Load a tape in a drive , one by one using
> > sjimm and check using "mt -f \\.\Tape?" which of
> > your tape devices is online.
> >
> > 2 sols : edit jukebox drive list and adapt \\.\tapeX
> > naming or adapt fc cabling. and fc/scsi maps.

I don't know how to edit the drive list in the jukebox ...